Great work culture doesn’t happen by accident. You can’t mandate it or hire it.
A great work culture must be consciously designed and every employee must be connected to the purpose and beliefs that we are working toward every day.
As we publicly launch the Maritz Global Events brand to our most important stakeholders – one of our core goals is to foster a shared culture for our brands – Maritz Travel and Experient. As we worked to develop the Maritz Global Events brand, we also developed a shared cultural philosophy and a signature core value. These are the guide posts for Maritz Global Events as we design and deliver exceptional event experiences for our clients and their guests.
Our Cultural Philosophy
Our cultural philosophy – Unleashing Human Potential – centers on the idea that all people deserve the opportunity to live up to their fullest potential. Just like our internal culture, our solutions for clients and our philanthropic efforts for our communities are each carefully planned and designed with this philosophy in mind.
- At Maritz Global Events, we believe that a great work culture helps its employees reach their fullest potential – exposing them to new opportunities and giving the time and resources to think, experiment and excel.
- At the same time, we design face-to-face meetings for our clients that unleash the potential of their guests.
- This philosophy drives our commitment to as an industry leader in the fight to end human trafficking. Misused by human trafficking criminals, the travel industry can serve as important players in spotting signs of the crime and reporting them to authorities.
Our Signature Value
Our signature value – First, Take Good Care of Each Other—guides our decision-making and interactions with each other, with our clients and with their guests.
Maritz Global Events knows we are only as good as our people – and without them, we cannot be successful. The relationships we build with are most important stakeholders are paramount to our business.
How Establishing a Great Work Culture Drives Business Results
We’re proud to say that Unleashing Human Potential and First, Take Good Care of Each Other have become the foundation of our plan for a great work culture.
We’re already seeing exciting results from these efforts:
- Our commitment to fostering a great work culture has resulted in deep and meaningful conversations with our clients. For instance, a client recently invited us to a meeting with her senior leadership, because she was so proud to highlight her partnership with us.
- After sharing our cultural journey at an industry conference, another client were asked us to share our experience with customers at their national event. Why? They want to demonstrate that culture can drive business results. They told us they’re proud to introduce a partner that does the “right thing.”
In short – we’re seeing that as we articulate and communicate our plan for a great work culture at Maritz Global Events, our key stakeholders are proud to work with us.
That proves we’re headed in the right direction – and that building a better culture translates to better lives for all of our stakeholders – our employees, our clients and their guests, our partners and our communities.